Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Babysitting

Last Thursday night, Nick and Alicia were brave enough to let us watch Wyatt for the first time! It was both Brad and I’s first time watching a 10 week old baby! Alicia prepared us for what “could” happen and I was really hoping we got the worst of it, so that we can get a good measure of what it really is like taking care of a baby, and not just seeing them when they are precious and sleeping. But unfortunately, no big meltdowns and no blow out diapers. Why did we hope for that you ask? Because I wanted Brad to deal with it, because I keep getting that little look in his eye after every time he holds Wyatt :) But we did have a few fussy moments and after I tried what I “thought” was going to help Wyatt, I’d pass him off to Brad and he instantly stopped crying and was so content with Brad. Even fell asleep within minutes of Brad holding him. Then came that little look from Brad, accompanied with a suggested smile. I tried to explain to him, this isn’t normal, but what do I know what normal is for a baby. At least Nick and Alicia came home to a content little boy, so hopefully, we get a call again to be a babysitter!



Sunday we celebrated Wyatt’s baptism. Wyatt was a cutie in his little outfit. Brad was very excited and extremely honored to be a part of the ceremonies as his Godfather.

Here are some pictures
Wyatt's godparents







This weekend is our first year wedding anniversary! We are both SOOO excited to celebrate! We are going up to the San Juan Islands for the weekend! Can’t believe a year has gone by already!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post :) You were great babysitters!

    Have a wonderful anniversary weekend! Congrats and cheers!

    ReplyDelete