Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Met the Blazers!!

There are many things I love about my job...one of those things are the events we have in our facility.
Yesterday, the Blazers hosted a holiday event for Military Families with over 500 people! And one of the best parts about it was I was rubbing shoulders with them, well, technically not shoulders since they are all 6 foot 7!! But I got to talk to a few of them! I tried not to act start stuck, but let’s face it-it’s the Blazers, how can you not!
One of my favorite moments of the day is when I spotted Rudy Fernandez, my favorite Blazer, in a back room playing a game! I, of course, walked in to make sure everything was okay. Turns out it wasn’t, so I got to help him out. And I even asked if I could get him a refill on his soda, which was about the only words I could spit out because I was so nervous!! I did snap a picture of him and “Patty” Mills playing rockband together.
Since everyone I worked with got word that I’m a big fan of Rudy, they all pressured me to get a picture with him, again, I was too nervous to even approach him. Even my General Manger took me over to him and we used his phone to snap a picture. I think my smile simply explains how I was feeling in that moment!!!

Nicolas Batum, "Patty" Mills, Rudy Fernandez and ME!!

Brad asked if I was going to ever wash that shirt again, the answer is NO!!! It was a glorious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment