Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baby's First Purchase (Week 19)

This past weekend was pretty relaxing! Friday night, Brad and I rushed after work to a consignment sale and we made our first purchase in baby clothes for little punkin! We were pretty excited to find some neutral clothing for the little one! We also found an Oregon Duck bib and some pretty cool shoes that we just had to buy because; well…they are Duck colors :)


Aren't these so cute!!


Some fun pregnancy moments this past week-
*While getting my pedicure, the gal asked what I was having; I told her we weren’t finding out. She asked what I thought it was and I said my husband thinks it’s a girl and her response was “Aw...it’s because he loves you so much! He wants another you!” I just thought that was the sweetest thing! I went home to confirm with Brad and he just smiles and says of course honey! :)

*While at my swim aerobics class, another gal asked if I knew what I was having and I said it’s going to be a wonderful surprise for us; her response was giving me a high five and saying “right on girl!”. So I received my first high five with that answer.

*I had my first cheeseburger in 4 months!! It was good, but we’ll do a better job of picking a perfect spot for the perfect cheeseburger next time!

*On Sunday I put on my first pair of maternity pants (thanks mom!)

Baby Update:
Little baby weighs about 8 ½ ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom and is about the size of a large heirloom tomato!! The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. They say the baby can hear our voices now!

I’ve been feeling pretty good. I can feel my body changing and the tummy expanding. At our last doctor appointment, I had only gained 1 ½ pounds since the start of this pregnancy! I thought the scale was broken, because I was shocked that I only really gained about 2 pounds and I’m nearly halfway through this pregnancy! Of course, I’m asking our doctor, “Am I doing this right!?” She assured me that my simple weight gain was just fine, and I’ll start putting on the pounds soon!

Week 19

No comments:

Post a Comment