We decided to wait to blog about it until we reached our second trimester. Mostly it was my decision, Brad would have told the world the night we found out. The chances of miscarriage drop significantly and we have now had two ultra sounds to conclude that little baby is perfectly healthy and growing!
With the new little addition on its way, it only made sense to include little punkin in our blog, since I’m assuming that’s all we’ll want to talk about and that’s all you’ll care to know about, we aren’t really that exciting-haha! We decided to change our blog name to be The Fetrow Family.
I’ll try to recap the past 12 weeks in a few short paragraphs (most of you all know this, but this is to document for ourselves as well!)
Brad and I found out we were pregnant on December 28th. I took three tests and still called my doctor to be sure, only to receive the response “Honey, if you took three tests, then you are pregnant!”
Brad was doing cartwheels and squealing like a girl (okay, not really!) but he was so excited. And so was I! We’ve been trying for several months to get pregnant and when you finally see that positive sign, it’s still a shock and hard to believe! Baby is due Sept. 5th! But it is possible the baby will make its way into this world on 9/10/11 :) The next day, I came home to flowers and a card :)
For the next 6 weeks from that exciting day, I felt like yuck! I had some serious nausea, but luckily, I bypassed the physical part of getting sick. I struggled most of the time to find something I could eat or that sounded good. This was especially fun for Brad, who would offer up many suggestions and when I select something that sounded good to eat, by the time he made it and served me, my mind had changed. I got a lot of practice of giving him a cute smile, a kiss and apologizing and then blaming it on the baby!
My only real symptoms were nausea, food aversions, going to the bathroom every 5 minutes, and that’s about it. I was never really tired or exhausted. But I did enjoy relaxing each night after work and taking it easy on the weekends.
We’ll be sure to keep posted on this very exciting time in our lives! Thank you to all our wonderful friends and family for support and love!
We cannot wait to meet our special little baby in September :)
Here's little baby at 9 weeks!

Little nugget at 13 weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment