Saturday I went Fabric Shopping and to Tea with Kim (who is also expecting- just 6 weeks behind us!), Kim’s mom and mother-in-law Leslie. Leslie (Sam’s Mom) has offered to make all of our crib bedding as a baby gift to us, which is extremely nice! Leslie spoiled Kim and I with a Mother’s Day Tea lunch and gifts for the babies! I found a few fabric swatches I liked that I was able to bring home to show Brad. We’ve gone back and forth on the direction we want to take the nursery- soft and sweet or bold and playful! I think we are leaning toward bold and playful :)

Sunday, Brad was sweet to help celebrate me (even though I don’t technically think I’m a mother yet) however, according to Brad, I am since I’m carrying little nugget!
I got a sweet card both from Brad and little baby-haha! And some really cute maternity dresses! I’ve never been so excited to get new clothes! We went out to breakfast and spent the day running errands and continue with our fabric shopping. The day ended with a delicious dinner at Red Robin =) Mama was happy!
Pregnancy moments this past week:
*Baby Fetrow likes Cocoa Puffs =) Just gets so excited when I eat them- hehe!
*I’ve made comments to Brad about how this feels like our wedding year all over again! We’ve got this impending deadline to have to make important decisions and finalize preparations. Expect, that we aren’t just thinking of it as “one day” like the wedding, it’s more like “our whole life” type stress! It’s fun, but boy, the time is just FLYING by! Our goal is to have everything done by August, because unlike our wedding year, I don’t want to be doing things up to the week Baby gets here!
*Brad and I are enjoying every moment together! We’ve got all kinds of countdowns going, and one of them is our own time just the two of us countdown. Not only is it 17 more weeks until we meet our bundle of joy, it’s only 17 weeks of “just us”!! I often get a little emotional just thinking about not having it be the two of us anymore...and so glad for the time we did take advantage of just the two of us! We plan to have a few little getaways before baby gets here. Perhaps a “Babymoon” this summer ;)
*Our stroller arrived and Brad put it all together. We have a minor setback as the axel is missing from the box. We are working on getting that replaced, but we LOVE the new stroller and the quality and look of it!
*We picked up all of our baby furniture this weekend! We can’t wait to set it up. We plan on cleaning out the guest room this weekend and picking out paint colors! You can’t see it, but Brad is rolling his eyes at the fact he has to paint this room yet again! Hehe :)
*I’ve noticed that it’s becoming difficult to be sitting for long periods of time, whether I’m at the office or at home. At work, I make a point to get up several times a day and walk about the building.
Baby Update:
Little baby is 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound!! About the size of a large mango. We can see the baby’s movements from the outside and feel them all the time! Apparently, little one can hear lots of things now-my singing, Dexter’s loud noises, the vacuum cleaner- which are all things that won’t faze baby when he/she is outside the womb.

No comments:
Post a Comment