We spent Saturday morning out at the fabric stores, yet again! We went to a few cute shops and we ended up finding a swatch of all the colors that we want, only come to find out that it may be discontinued. We were bummed- but still continued in our search. By the time we got to our last shop, I noticed that Brad kept rubbing his temples and looking a bit dazed! So we decided that was enough fabric searching for the weekend and we’d go home to see if we could find the fabric we love anywhere else! We headed over to Five Guys for a tasty cheeseburger. I’ve never been there before, but it was delicious! It reminded me of In-N-Out and I’ll be curious to know how my father-in-law thinks it compares!
We spent the rest of the day clearing out our storage unit. We packed everything in boxes and made a few goodwill trips. But the good news is, no matter when it comes time for us to move, whether we are 8 months pregnant or the baby is 3 months old, we are all set to go in that aspect, and to us, that is a huge relief!
We spent Sunday clearing out our guest room completely! We got rid of furniture, cleaned it and made space in the closet. Then came the fun part- we put together our crib! It was pretty easy! We LOVE the look of the crib and can’t wait to see little baby in it!! I even caught Brad peeking in the room later that night just to look at it...so sweet!
Getting ready!
Almost done!
Yay! It's done!
PS. Even though I was responsible for taking pictures, I DID help put it together :)
Pregnancy moments this past week:
*We signed up for all our baby classes. We are taking a four-week long childbirth class, also a Baby Care class and a Brestfeeding class. We are excited for those, probably more me than Brad, because I just want to be as prepared as possible.
*I’ve been craving candy like crazy. If I could eat M&M’s all day, I would. And the weird thing is, I never really liked those...ever! I’ve never been a dessert person...I don’t like cake or pie or ice cream or any type of dessert and I guess I’m still not a fan of that stuff, but for right now-mostly just candy and chocolate. YUM!!
*I’ve been eating strawberries every day! I LOVE them...
*We found our fabric (yaay!) We love it!!! We went online, found all the fabric and the yardage and got it ordered! Can’t wait to see the final product put together!
*I’ve been singing every day this week in the car on the way to work. I’m hoping little nugget likes it! :)
*The hip and joint pain has arrived! Especially in my hips. I notice my hips are sore if they are in a certain position for a long period of time, such as sleeping! Walking at first is bothersome, but they loosen up after a while. So, I try to stay active.
Baby Update:
Little Nugget is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week, which puts baby just over a pound! Wow! Baby is almost a foot long, about the size of an ear of corn. Baby is still pretty lean at this point, but will start to plump up soon. Nugget’s lungs are developing “branches” of the respiratory “tree” as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help the air sacs inflate once we meet our precious!

No comments:
Post a Comment