Monday, August 1, 2011

Ninth Month Starts (Week 35)

Wow, these past two weeks of not blogging is a testament of what our lives have been like this entire pregnancy. So busy!! But I’ve gotten a few calls and emails about how we are doing-so sorry I’ve been slacking :)

Let’s catch up-
The weekend of July 15th-16th Brad was out of town on a golf trip up in Washington. I took full advantage of this time to re-decorate our bedroom. Hehe!! I had a limited time, so I got busy! Brad came home and liked the new look of it, he only waited 5 minutes before asking how much I spent. But that isn’t really important, right? After all, I’ll be living in that room for three months with a newborn, so I should love it right? I thought so too :) (I’ll post pictures soon, I still have price tags on stuff, in case he absolutely hated it!)

The following weekend was another busy one! Friday night we took our Maternity pictures. I’m so excited about the photographer we found and think she really fits the look we wanted to capture this special time in our lives. We can’t wait to get the pictures back and think they’ll be perfect!
That Sunday, we headed to Camas for a half marathon race that Brad was participating in. It was something he decided to do last minute. He did great and finished it in one hour and 48 minutes! Great job Sweetie!! I also got to hang out with my cousins Brandie and Tori and had a blast connecting with them! Later that afternoon we got to celebrate Wyatt’s first birthday! He had a big celebration with all kinds of family and friends and we were happy to help celebrate it with the little guy!
Getting Ready...

And he's off....

Good job honey!




We had a doctor appointment on July 27th and everything is going great! Heard that perfect little heartbeat. I did measure a little small, but that could also be how the baby is positioned. Which Dr. Murray believes baby is head down, ready to go. At 34 weeks, I measured at 32 cm, which typically I should measure at 34cm. Not a big difference, but enough to schedule an ultrasound just to make sure. We have an ultrasound scheduled for August 8th to get a better look at everything. I’m not too concerned, so don’t all be alarmed. Nugget is probably just a teeny thing!


Pregnancy moments these past few weeks: (this is a lot since I’ve slacked on blogging)
*Dexter must sense I need some extra protecting. The dog follows me EVERYWHERE! I’m not kidding. From where he sits, he can see that I’m only walking into the kitchen, but he insists on getting up and staying right at my feet. If it weren’t for the distraction of treats every morning, I’m sure he’d be right on my heels getting in the car with me to head to work. It’s sweet, sure...but after the 80th time of turning around and tripping over him or the constant visits to the bathroom with me (and I go A LOT!!), it’s just a tad bit annoying. But I know the little stinker means well. I’m sure this will only get worse when Baby arrives.

*I’m moving a lot slower these days. It’s to the point where I’m actually laughing at myself with how slow I am. Often I have to remind Brad that I’m not as quick as I used to be (which I was never really quick, so I guess that hasn’t changed much!) But with the intense pelvis pressure, it hurts at times to walk. So I just take my time and have learned to leave a little bit earlier when I need to be at appointments on time.

*I’ve started swelling and it sucks L My body feels sore from it. I’ve also had to take off my wedding rings, boo!

*Throughout the pregnancy, I never really felt hormonal. But I’m starting to notice that I’m getting pretty emotional (which I just read today is normal at this time!) The other night, Brad and I were having a conversation and I started crying as I was talking. He asked why I was crying, and I said I wasn’t quite sure! I continued to talk through my crying while getting the most bizarre look from Brad. It’s happened again since then, we just roll with it at this point! Haha!

*Getting comfortable while sleeping is just a joke now. I sleep with 7 pillows all around me. I’m surprised Brad hasn’t fallen out of bed yet with how much room I take up!

*We have washed all the little baby clothes, blankets, burp clothes, slippers, etc. Learning how to fold all of it was a challenge, they are just so tiny!!!

*We got our crib bedding!!!! YAY!! We love it and so excited for it! We still have a few more things to do to complete the nursery, and then I’ll post some pictures!

Baby Update:
At 35 Weeks, Baby weighs a little over 5 pounds and measures at 18 inches, not giving little one much room to maneuver. Nugget’s kidneys are fully developed now, and liver can process some waste products. Most of Baby’s basic physical development is now complete — and will spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Week 35

No comments:

Post a Comment