Brad and I have always wanted to have little Nugget be a surprise for us, is it a boy or a girl? Clearly Sage is our daughter, because she wanted to give us a little surprise too, arriving 3 weeks early and catching her parents completely off guard! I think Sage won the surprise of this entire pregnancy! =)
It was Tuesday August 16th when we had our 37th week check up. We had learned that I was still 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Dr. Murray also commented on how low the baby was. Which is funny, because that very day, I had to hold my belly as I walked.
Brad and I spent most of the evening talking and getting prepared for Baby as I suspected that it could be any day. Although I hoped it would still at least be another week.
That night, I woke up with my first contraction at 2:11am. At that point I was wide awake, just laying there thinking and basically knowing that this was going to happen. I didn’t get another contraction until about 3:51am, and they came on every 10 minutes until about 5:30am. At that point, we got up, ate breakfast and started getting ready for the day. I took a shower, styled my hair, all while my contractions were coming on every 20 or so minutes. I did force Brad to go to work to get as much done in two hours since I had a feeling we were going to the hospital later that afternoon. At 11:15am, I had 3 contractions, 5 minutes apart, which is the golden rule to going to the hospital (contractions are 5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute and happening for 1 hour). I called Brad, who immediately left work. By the time he got home, my water had broke!
This was it! My water broke and there is no going back! We got in the car and headed to the hospital. We got checked in, had my exam and got my epidural by 2pm. I was about 1 ½ cm dilated. I decided to take a nap since I was exhausted from laboring at home. I slept until about 4:30pm and then had my next exam to learn that I was 4 cm dilated! I dozed off again until about 7:00pm and then had my final exam- I was 10 cm dilated!! The nurse told me it was time to start pushing. I was in complete shock! I started crying, partly because I was so scared and excited and just overwhelmed with how fast this was all happening. I had slept all day long and then all of a sudden, it’s time to have a baby!! WOW!!
I started pushing at 7:30pm, and 30 minutes later, we met our new baby girl! It was incredible! We both just lost it at the sight of her- here she is, after waiting all this time to meet this little baby!!
She was born at 8:01pm, weighing 5 lbs and 15 oz. and is 18 inches long! She had a head full of hair!!!
Brad was so excited to go announce to Nick, Alicia, Wyatt, Travis and Tracey that it was a girl!
It was the most amazing experience and it was nothing how we expected it, but everything we thought it would be.
We want to thank all of our family and friends for all the support and love they provided during this pregnancy! We know how much Sage is loved already and are so thankful for all of you!
Sage Donnine Fetrow!
5 lbs 15 oz.
Footprints :)
First bath!
Cheers to our little one!
Sage's amazing Godparents =)
Going home!

Yay!!! Congrats again Fetrow family...our goddaughter is precious and we are SO excited she is finally here :)
ReplyDelete