Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Welcome to the Third Trimester! (Week 27 & 28)

Oh boy, I did it again- another week has passed without me even noticing-how does that happen!?!? Well, I’m not complaining, because I’m so happy that time is cruising right along.

We are officially in the THIRD TRIMESTER- I know...we were quite shocked when we realized that. This pregnancy has gone by so fast, but I’m thankful for that. I have heard that the third trimester is the most difficult and as the end draws near, it will feel like the weeks drag on. Unfortunately I have the privilege of this uncomfortable time during the summer- which means I’ll be a nice plump, swollen, waddling pregnant woman come September :)

Time is passing so quickly that I can’t even remember what our last week was like or what we did, let alone remember what we did the weekend before that, darn pregnancy brain!
Although, last weekend, Brad and I had an opportunity to babysit my cousin Brandie’s kids, Parker (4) and Preslie (almost 2). We had fun getting to spend time with them- we went to the park, walked down the street to grab dinner, went to another park, played baseball, had bath time and watched a movie! Needless to say, Brad and I drove home and went straight to bed-we were spent! I personally believe that all my cousins make beautiful children, so I’m hoping that “Mullin” gene is passed on =)




Last week we had a doctor’s appointment. Everything checked out fine! We heard the heartbeat (again!) and baby is good-which was a relief as last week was a bit stressful on me! We are suppose to be interviewing Pediatricians, which we’ve been slacking on a bit-oops! I also had my glucose screening test to check for gestational diabetes, a high blood sugar condition that some women get during pregnancy. They gave me this sugar solution that contains 50 grams of glucose to drink. The stuff tastes like a very sweet soda pop-yum! An hour later I had my blood taken to check my blood sugar level. The idea is to see how efficiently my body processes sugar. I still haven’t gotten the results yet...we’ll see! I have been loving the cookies and candy- A LOT!! As of now, I have gained 14 pounds in 26.4 weeks. Although my scale at home differs from the doctor’s office a bit...I like what my scale says better, so I’m going with that =)

Pregnancy moments from the past two weeks:
*I LOVE the belly rub, mostly from people I know! But I just love friends and family rubbing on my belly-it feels soo good. It’s like getting a good massage, I just eat it up!

*My favorite cherries are back in season- I love Rainer cherries (thank you to Genny for introducing me to them last year). They are so good, I don’t care how much they cost, I will buy them and eat them every day.

*Last week was the end of my swim aerobics class that I took with Kim and her mom. It was fun and I’m glad I participated for the second trimester of my pregnancy, but I have decided not to continue for the third trimester. We have a pool at our condo and I’m sure as the days heat up, I’ll be down there floating each night to cool off. Also, since the days are getting nicer, we are able to walk Dexter at night and I carry 2 lb. weights. I consider that a good amount of exercising. And yes, I’m THAT lady walking with aerobic arms-but I don’t care =)

*Cravings for the past few weeks are ice tea and onion rings! YUM! The onion rings are soo good and I want them all the time-but I try to limit to only once a week, okay, so twice a week :)

*Brad and I are still on a mission to find the perfect rocking chair. We have finally narrowed it down to wanting a Glider chair versus a cushy leather recliner rocking chair we thought we wanted. We both like the gliding motion and to be able to put our feet up and still rock. Brad is hooked too!

*This will be the last week I can fit into my regular pants. They are pretty tight. It’s not that I don’t want to wear maternity clothes, it’s just that I could still fit in my normal pants with the help of the Belly Band. However, I have found how comfortable dresses and stretch pants are- hence my 28 week picture! I told my office they better get used to me in dresses and stretch pants for the next 3 months, because that is all I’ll be wearing at this point =)

*I’m starting to get acquainted with Baby’s schedule. Every morning I wake up at 5am and feel that baby is awake too and kicking me because he/she is hungry! I notice more activity after I eat meals and candy :) At night is my favorite because that is when I relax and we just sit and watch my belly move. It’s so crazy to watch!

Baby Update:
By this week, Baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of head to heels, the size of an Eggplant (pictured below)!! Baby can blink his/her eyes, which now sport lashes. With eyesight developing, Baby may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. Little Nugget is also developing billions of neurons in the brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

As we were picking up my cherries- we saw eggplants and we could not help it-we had to get a picture of what the size of little Nugget is!

Week 28

No comments:

Post a Comment